Friday, October 3, 2008

Front Porch

My home is a construction site! We have been doing so much work to the house it is ridiculous. John has been busy doing something every night for the past 2 weeks. We have some guys John works with working on the roof, and in order to do that we needed to fix the front porch. Fixing turned into completely redoing because John has befriended a contractor who was sick of doing just paper work and knows nothing about cars. That, by the way, is my wood anniversary present. Then, while they were taking the shingles off some fell and hit our outside water spout. We had a lake quickly forming in our back yard and didn't know where the shut off valve was. A plumber friend come over and helped with that. Thankfully John has lots of friend in different fields of work. I am very grateful for that (I have very few friends).


And all this is going on while I am trying to get licenced for daycare. I'm just grateful that they haven't call to come and inspect yet because there are so many hazards in the yard alone. I am watching a friend's little girl for about 3 hours a day. She is 7 months old and so different from Addison. It's fun though. I really haven't gotten much of the million things I want to do done, it still just feels like a long weekend.

Happier note, Addison stood for about 15 second unsupported today.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

How wonderful to be able to trade your car knowledge for "house" knowledge! Addison is absolutely growing up too fast...she will be running around the yard when we get back....it sounds like you are enjoying being home! Love, MOM

Karisa Tomkinson said...

I bet you're going to really enjoy your porch once it's all done! What a great birthday gift! It seems like John just knows how to do everything! ;) What a great handyman! Love you guys!