Monday, October 20, 2008

What's Going On

Ok, so it's been a while, but I really don't have much to tell. I did a Visiting Teaching conference last week that consumed all my extra time. Addison is walking with the help of just one finger, but no step on her own yet. I keep trying to convince her she can do it, she is physically capable, but just lacks the confidence. What are you going to do with that 11 month old who lacks confidence. John had a week off from house work, he had too much other stuff to catch up on. My yard is almost cleared of shingles. It has taken hours and many dumps to get rid of them. I just want to be able to mow my lawn again. It is getting colder. We have already turned on the heater at night because John is paranoid that Addison will get too cold. I think that he has forgotten that she emits about 1000 btus. My point was, fall is here. The leaves are changing, the grass is dying, and it is usually beautiful weather for walks. We have been taking a walk almost everyday. This is for both me and Addison. Addison because she loves to be out side, but tends to eat the grass. Me because by 4pm I need a break from the baby talk/whining. I have found that it takes a half an hour to get her to fall asleep. Sorry, we really are quite boring.

FYI: I am working on some bread recipes to post.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Amber, I promise I'll call this century.

Suzanne said...

It sounds like you are a typical mom...the late afternoon is always the hardest to get through...send some pictures of that adorable baby walking! Love, MOM

Trisha said...

A nice walk is always needed at the end of the day! Sounds normal to me! You are a cute mom.