Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's Official

I turned in my notice at work yesterday. Daycare ready or not, my last day of work at AIB is September 30th. I just feel stale here, and have for a while. I have learned what I came to learn here and that is bread. I feel like what was once my weakest point is now my strongest. I also hate watching my little girl grow through the stories of others. I have a friend who said it is so much easier on moms who work. I couldn't disagree more. I still have to do all the mom things when I get home, trying to shove them into the the 3 hours a day I get to spend with Addison. I also have a laundry list of house stuff, service stuff and calling stuff to do. It is harder. So I'm nervous and excited all at the same time.

I'm not writing this so people can congratulate me on my decision to be a "good mom." It has never been an issue of I wanted to work, trust me I want to be at home, it has been a money issue. I just wanted to let everyone know about it.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

You are a great mom...that was never in question. I am excited for you. You will have so much to give to others. Do you have some day care kids lined up? Could we tempt you to move to AZ? Love ya, MOM

Amber said...

Maybe if your house was still up for grabs, otherwise, we can't do a house payment and rent!

Karisa Tomkinson said...

How exciting to be able to stay home with your little girl! I don't know how you were able to last so long working. You are one strong woman if you ask me! She is just so dang cute! You will be wonderful. It will be so fun to hear of all your adventures together! Love you!

Kim said...

Amber, I am so glad you'll be able to stay home with Addison. She will love having you around all the time. You are a great mom.

Trisha said...

Tough choice, but you will be so happy. Money isn't everything...kids grow up way too fast!

Heather said...

I just wish I could taste test some of your bread. You are a rock star mom. Enjoy your time with Addison...I know she will love it.