Thursday, October 29, 2009

Colder Days

For one more day at least. I am really afraid of having a super high electric bill while living here and have only turned on the AC once for a few hours when I just couldn't take it any more. The thermostat has read above 80 for the past few weeks, but I have survived. To day I woke up and it was down to 70. I was so over joyed.
It's funny though, the Midwest has defiantly changed me. I have become more comfortable with the cold and today I had proof. I am still wearing t-shirts when everyone else is in sweaters and jackets. I heard on the radio about someone turning on their heat. I saw a lady running in a jogging suit. I mean come on, it got up to 62 today. It was beautiful.
It is supposed to be back in the 80's by Saturday. But that's fine, at least I don't have to worry about getting my winter clothes that I left in Kansas here any time soon.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Those Arizona wimps :)

Unknown said...

HA!! I woke up this morning and it was 60... IN MY HOUSE!! Not the best thing for a new born. I'm glad you are doing ok with the change though!