Sunday, December 27, 2009

Best Christmas Ever

This year for Christmas I was given the best gift ever. My siblings and I rotate names for gift exchange. This makes it so much easier than getting everyone something and I love it, usually. Well it has been a very hard year for John and I and that is one of the reasons we decided to move to AZ. But I didn't count on not being able to find a job in a field that is ALWAYS hiring. Needless to say, we couldn't afford to have John come out here for Christmas. Then Trisha tells me that everyone in the family has decided not to do gifts. This was a huge relief and I was really looking forward to a relaxing day with all of them. It was great. Even with Addison and her tantrums. I was able to bake in the morning, something that always makes me feel wonderful, and spend the afternoon with siblings. What I didn't expect is what walked in the door at 8pm as we were all singing on John's voice mail. John himself. My brothers and sisters had decided it was more important for me to see my husband and bought him a plane ticket. This is the only picture of Christmas I took. Addison would not let go of John for the entire day on Saturday. She just wanted him near her. I can defiantly understand the way she felt.

I am shocked and amazed at the generosity and love my family on both sides have shown me over the last few months. I don't know who did what, but I am grateful for and to all my family. I am also grateful that families are eternal because I don't want to loose a single member. Thank you all for a wonderful weekend.

8 comments:

Neil and Roxy said...

Oh and I so glad you got to spend Christmas with your hunny! I started crying when I read this! it was great to see you Christmas eve. Addison is a doll!

Unknown said...

Amber that is awesome!! I am so glad that he was able to come out, and that your family is so awesome. I hope you guys had a good time!!

Melissa said...

Ok, I'm crying too! What a wonderful surprise! I can't imagine spending my Christmas without my husband so I started bawling as soon as I read the first part. Of course you'd be with him on Christmas! I'm sorry to hear that this year has been so hard on you. Let me know if there is anything I can do here to help.

Trisha said...

We love you! I'm glad you enjoyed your surprise.

Kim said...

We were so excited when Sara suggested this. It really was so much fun for all of us so thank you. Gifts are great, but this was so much better!!!

And, your face was priceless.

Suzanne said...

What a super family.....we love you guys...MOM

Lauren said...

Yay Amber! I'm sorry you have been without him for so long. That is so crappy! But so awesome you're family did that for you guys. I hope things are going well!

Jen Lynn said...

That is a great surprise! It's so cool of your family to sacrifice for you guys. That's love!