Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fall is Here


We have had a couple of very busy weeks. I have had 2 baby showers in a row on Saturdays, and we had the ward trunk or treat. All events were fun, but I'm exhausted.

At the baby showers, I got lots of fun, pink and girly stuff. John is getting used to the idea of being surrounded by estrogen. I told him he just needs to talk to dad or Rusty about it. They could give great advise. I'm also floored by the generosity of my friends. I love them all so much and I think this is really the first place since CG that I have ever really felt at home. I just have a great support group here.



The Trunk or Treat was fun, but a ton of work. Our new leader is super creative and did a great job with all the details of the event. I was in charge of the cake walk and competition this year, surprise. John did the Hay Ride again. The picture is of him and his Uncle Lloyd. I think they had more fun doing it then the kids did riding it. Those crazy boys and their toys!


The last picture is of me and scooby. Less than 3 weeks to go! I just hope she doesn't come too soon, I'm not ready and neither is her room.



5 comments:

Kris & Amy said...

I can't believe that you are only 3 weeks away!! YAY! I can't wait to see all of you! Are you coming down for Christmas?

Trisha said...

You look really cute. Keep us posted on that little girl! My girls are excited to have another girl cousin to play with - they already have big plans for when we all get together. Love, Trisha

Kim said...

Amber,

You're a cute pregnant lady. I can't believe your little girl will be here so soon. How exciting.

I love being a mom! Some days are a little rough, but its so worth it.

I'm sure you'll do great and John will be a big help too. I can picture him explaining allsorts of car terminology to her - just like Todd does with the computer stuff.

I think the best advice someone gave me was to remind myself when you're exhausted and up in the middle of the night that this newborn crazy sleeping/eating/diapering doesn't last forever.

Unknown said...

Looks like you are having fun! You have to let me know how things go in the next few weeks.

Karisa & Tyler said...

Amber... I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm assuming your little girl isn't here yet! How exciting though! I hope all is still going well with you. (I was wanting to get your guys' address too. My e-mail is SpiffieKLC@gmail.com.) Thanks so much and I can't wait to hear how everything goes!