Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fouth of July

This year we had an extra long weekend. We started celebrating on Friday at a ward member's home. They know how to through the best parties. It really reminds me of like a Riggs/Tomkinson Party. It was Big, Loud, Had lots of food and Great fireworks!! Sorry, no pictures from that, but we had a great time and Addison enjoyed the fireworks this year.

The next day we took a couple of young men to the drag races in Topeka. They were only semi-pro, but a ton of fun to watch. John got all excited when we saw the junior division. He started talking about how Addison is going to do that someday.

Junior division
The leaders

We then went over to John's parent's and did some of our own fireworks. Of course this is mostly for the boys.


Overall it was a fun weekend, but I'm glad to have Addison back on her regular sleep schedule.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Cute last pic of you. Love the ear plugs.

Melissa said...

Shane went with the Hendricks to the drag races! I didn't even know there were ever drag races in Topeka. I like your pictures! I really need to use more pics in my blog.

Unknown said...

Cute!! When you guys come here you'll have to come with Mark and I to the races... Maybe Mark will race!! I bet they'd have a lot in common!!!!

SARA said...

she is so cute!! oh i can't wait to see you all!!