Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bed Time

Our swaddling days are over. Addison used to love to be all wrapped up and warm when she was put down to sleep. It was so easy too, all I had to do was swaddle her really tight (she is very strong) and wait until her eyes got a little droopy. She has gone to bed on her own for a while now and loves to doze off to the sounds of her mobile. Well lately she has started moving around a lot and I have found her with her head jammed into the corner of her crib and yelling because she won't roll over to her stomach (she can, just won't, we are working on that). When I find her like this she has usually kicked all the covers off of her. Last week I started doing a half swaddle mostly because she just brakes out of it in like 5 seconds anyway and that worked for a little bit. For 2 nights now all I have done is tucked her in with her arms out. It seems to be working great, it is just weird.

Last night was cute and Addison must have been really tired. She was pretty much ready for bed by 7 and was starting to rub her eyes. I got her bottle and took her to her room to start our bedtime routing. Well, she barely made it through the bottle. I laid her in bed gave her her pacifier. She had just enough energy to kind of roll to her side and look up at me as I covered her with a blanket before she was out. Man I wish every night was this easy.

I have loved to watch her grow and develop, but it is just so hard to see my little baby becoming an independent spirit. She is such an interesting mixture of both of us.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

She is so adorable...I love the laugh...be sure and give her an extra hug from grandma! Love, MOM

SARA said...

I love it! she is so cute!!